Thank you for considering volunteering at the Dwellingup 100 Mountain Bike Race and Mighty Jarrah Trail Run. The event would not be possible without the dedication of our volunteers.
The event takes place on Saturday 7th September.
What’s in it for you?
Firstly, you’ll have fun. This event is one of the biggest on the MTB calendar and attracts around 1,000 participants. It’s held in the beautiful trails of Dwellingup, which is only just over an hour away from Perth. You’ll get to be a part of one of Perth’s favourite events and we’ll also look after you with:
• a free beanie
• lunch and refreshments throughout the day
• guaranteed great spectating
• a warm fuzzy feeling of helping us put on an event, brought to you by Muscular Dystrophy WA – a WA charity who support people living with neuromuscular conditions
What does it involve?
We have several options for volunteering including:
• Course Marshall Volunteer: you’ll direct athletes on the course (don’t be scared, you just need to stand in a particular spot and make sure they are all heading in the right direction).
• Feed Station Attendant: you’ll man one of the feed/on course aid stations. We’ll drop you out to your station and you just need to make sure that everything is replenished whilst cheering on our competitiors.
• Medal Distributors: you’ll be handing out finisher medals as people finish their race. This is done in the Recovery Centre which is positioned after the finish line. An easy and fun way to be involved.
• Event Site Volunteer: you’ll be in the recovery area handing out gels, fruit and water to those who have just finished the race and making sure they know where to go to get their timings!
You’ll just need to get yourself to Dwellingup Town Oval for a volunteer briefing at 7.15am. You’ll be working through until about 4.30pm (dependent on your role), at which time you can then join in on the post-event festivities!
Please note that not all roles require you to be there for the entire day so if you can only spare a couple of hours, please still get in touch so we can work out how to fit you in!
Rough idea of timing? Here it is…
Event Site Volunteer 8:30am – 5:30pm
Course Marshall 8:00am – 4:00pm
Run Course aid station 11:00am – 2:00pm
FEED Station ATTENDANT 8:30am – 3:30pm
Once again, on behalf of Muscular Dystrophy WA, we thank you for helping us deliver this event.
Please complete the below form to register your interest in volunteering and we will be in touch. For questions, please contact Ashleigh at email@example.com